In which the author tells you how to run your life -- or at least how to make the most of the fun parts of it.

For instance, inside these pages you will learn how to weather a mortar attack in good spirits; how to avoid booking yourself on the Internet into a bed and breakfast full of twee quilts and dusty tchotkes; and how to plan a dinner party that will stun your guests with deliciousness and style and not destroy your will to live with the amount of work you have to do to pull it off.

These are things I know firsthand, and things people who know me often ask me about (though I usually just book them into bed and breakfasts myself -- identifying ruffled death traps is an acquired skill). I am almost always right about everything (food, style and travel-related, anyway, and often many other things) and if everyone would just do as I say, dinner would taste better, cupcakes would not be dry, your parties would be more fun (for you), and mortar attacks... well, they always suck. I can't do anything about them.



*except laundry. I can't manage my own laundry, much less yours.





Search This Blog

Friday, June 29, 2012

If I've ever meant anything to you... please click on this link and vote! It could mean $250K for my magazine!





Chase and Living Social are giving away 13 awards of $250,000 each to small  businesses. In order for our application to be considered, we need 113 more votes by Saturday Jan 29. Click on the link below, sign in through Facebook (ieasiest. You can also register) and input Flavor Magazine in the search box. We are based in Sperryville Virginia. The money will be put to excellent use -- promoting small sustianble farmers, food artisans and craft winemakers, brewers and distillers. Make the world safe for earthworms! Vote for Flavor! (that's the team below. I am rocking the bib overalls.)
http://www.missionsmallbusiness.com/

2 comments:

  1. Done and done!
    (Youngest voted too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i knew I could count on you and youngest! we did it ! we got 266 votes!

    ReplyDelete