In which the author tells you how to run your life -- or at least how to make the most of the fun parts of it.

For instance, inside these pages you will learn how to weather a mortar attack in good spirits; how to avoid booking yourself on the Internet into a bed and breakfast full of twee quilts and dusty tchotkes; and how to plan a dinner party that will stun your guests with deliciousness and style and not destroy your will to live with the amount of work you have to do to pull it off.

These are things I know firsthand, and things people who know me often ask me about (though I usually just book them into bed and breakfasts myself -- identifying ruffled death traps is an acquired skill). I am almost always right about everything (food, style and travel-related, anyway, and often many other things) and if everyone would just do as I say, dinner would taste better, cupcakes would not be dry, your parties would be more fun (for you), and mortar attacks... well, they always suck. I can't do anything about them.



*except laundry. I can't manage my own laundry, much less yours.





Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2011

Hot Young Farmers! And I am beside myself with joy!



This cover and the 10 pages inside was the culmination of months of work. It was an awesome;y fun shoot: 29 farmers, 6 toddlers, several dogs, a stray cat who has adopted Mount Vernon farms as home, christmas decorations from Home Goods, fantastic chili, corn bread, and whiskey in the barn, a hari dresser and a make up artists, and a makeshit dressing room (sheets hung from barn rafters...). The whole story just makes you happy to be alive. I think if you click on the photo it will open in your screen. Available on newstands next week! Tell your friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment